The project will measure and quantify the physical and physiological load placed on military personnel undertaking a variety of military-relevant activities. The project will have a heavy focus on the use of technology and innovative analysis techniques. to inform about physical performance and musculoskeletal injuries. Another focus of the research will be to understand how males and females differ in their responses. The overarching goal of the project is to identify field-expedient measures to input to a machine learning model that can indicate injury risk and performance characteristics of military personnel.
This project is working with international collaborators and military organizations.
Relevant disciplines for this project are Exercise Science and/or Sports Science.
Worth of Award
- The scholarship is comprised of a Tuition Fee Offset and a Living Allowance Stipend.
- The value and tenure of the scholarship is a “MQRES” full-time stipend rate of $28,597 per annum (in 2021 tax-exempt for up to 4 years – indexed annually) and a top-up scholarship of $15,000 per annum from VALD Performance in addition to the MQRES stipend rate.
- To be eligible for a scholarship, applicants are expected to have a record of excellent academic performance and preferably, additional relevant research experience and/or peer-reviewed research activity in line with the University’s scholarship rating guidelines.
How to Apply
New applicants to Macquarie University will need to complete the OnlineHDR Candidature and Scholarship Application via the Online Application System and arrange for two academic referee reports to be submitted to the Higher Degree Research Office.
Current applicants with a successful candidature offer less than 12 months old and currently enrolled Macquarie University candidates:
- MUST submit a Scholarship Only Application form with supporting documents. Please refer to a Guideline on “How to submit a Scholarship only application”.
- MUST indicate the allocation number under the scholarship details question
- MUST include ID number and full name in email subject line (in one PDF attachment)
Deadline: Applications close on June 30, 2021.