Mindful African Initiative invites applications for the Mindful African Initiative Compassionate Integrity Training for African Educators in Kenya in 2021.
The Covid-19 pandemic has destabilized most African economies and aggravated structural and social inequalities at all levels. This current challenge calls for a strong education system, one that can help individuals, communities, and institutions build their capacity for more compassion and resilience, and strengthen their ability to handle everyday challenges.
CIT comprises three series, each with a set of skills covered:
- Self-Cultivation (Calming Body and Mind, Ethical Mindfulness, Emotional Awareness, Self-compassion).
- Relating to Others (Impartiality and Common Humanity, Forgiveness, and Gratitude, Empathic Concern, Compassion).
- Engaging in Systems (Appreciating Interdependence, Engaging with Discernment).
The CIT course comprises 10 skills that are completed through online/offline facilitated sessions, reflective writing, and contemplative journaling. It takes one 2-hour session to facilitate 1 skill. The training is spread over 10 weeks (1 skill will be facilitated every week). The training will start on Wednesday, June 30th, 2021. Sessions will be held every Wednesday. Note that there are no assignments and or tests in CIT.
Worth of Award
Upon course completion, participants will be awarded a Course Completion Certificate by Life University’s Center for Compassion, Integrity & Secular Ethics.
This opportunity is open to people who are
- passionate and are committed formal and informal educators across Africa.
- working within the African continent.
- 18 years old and above.
- committed to participating in the entire 10-week duration of the program.
- have internet access during the training sessions.
How to Apply
All applications should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: The application deadline is June 15th, 2021. The training program will run from Wednesday, June 30th, 2021 to Wednesday, September 1st, 2021.