The International Association for Volunteer Efforts invites applications for the IAVE Global Youth Volunteering Summit in the USA in 2022.
IAVE exists to promote, strengthen and celebrate volunteering in all of the myriad ways it happens throughout the world. With members in 70+ countries, it is the connective tissue of a global network of leaders of volunteering, NGOs, businesses and volunteer centres that share a belief in the power of volunteers to make a significant strategic contribution to resolving the world’s most pressing problems.
Worth of Award
The IAVE Global Youth Volunteering Summit provides a great opportunity to
- shape the outcome of an exciting, once in a lifetime global event.
- learn what trends are shaping youth volunteering.
- build an exciting agenda for attendees from around the world.
- develop inspiring projects related to youth volunteerism.
- connect with hundreds of young people from all over the world.
- inspire and activate keynotes and workshops with relevant stakeholders.
- share your knowledge expertise and culture with your global peers.
- travel to Canada to attend the Summit in person!
IAVE is looking for young people between the ages of 16-30 who:
- Hold leadership roles in their volunteering organizations
- Have experience in planning, managing and supervising youth conferences
- Can commit 10 hours per week for the first 12 months and 15-18 hours in the 6 months leading up to the Summit.
- Can travel to Canada for the Summit.
- Have devices with adequate internet access to attend online meetings.
- Have basic proficiency in English (oral and written).
An ideal candidate is:
- Nonjudgemental and a team player
- Motivated, honest and creative
- Aware of global and regional trends in youth volunteering
- Committed and solution-oriented
How to Apply
All applications should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: The deadline to apply is March 20, 2021. Decisions will be announced by the end of March 2021.