Applications are currently being accepted for the Deutsche Welle Akademie Masters Scholarship for Journalists in Germany for the 2021/2022 academic session.
The DW Akademie program is targeted at students from around the world that want to work in a position of responsibility in journalism or the communications sector. It especially addresses journalists-in-training, media representatives from radio, TV, online and print and communication experts.
Worth of Award
It is worthy of note that prospective students from developing countries can apply for the scholarship.
- The scholarship package includes the cost of living and accommodation.
- Fortunately, it also covers tuition fees and the flight will be reimbursed as well.
However, inorder to be eligible for the Deutsche Welle Akademie Masters Scholarship, applicants must have completed an academic program (bachelor’s degree or equivalent). They must also have acquired at least one year of professional experience in a media-related field after their first degree.
At this point, it is important to note that the program is especially targeted at:
– Media representatives from radio, TV, online and print
– Journalists-in-training, especially from electronic media
– Journalists and management from community radio stations
– Communication experts
– NGO employees
– Employees from ministries
– Employees from cooperative development groups and projects
– Representatives from regional working groups and national broadcasters
– Media association representatives
How to Apply
As far as applications go, prospective students must apply through an online-application form. But before entering your data, make sure you have all the following documents: A/some
- Letter of motivation (max. 700 words; font “Arial”, size 10.; spacing 1,5; signed and dated).
- Current Curriculum Vitae (Europass format, signed and dated).
- Certificate of your first academic degree(s) (including ALL transcripts).
- Proof of at least one year’s professional experience in a media-related field AFTER obtaining your first academic degree. Note that for a scholarship you must provide proof of at least two years of professional experience.
- Certificate of APS (for applicants who completed their first degree in China or Vietnam).
- Proof of sufficient English language skills (C1-Level or higher in accordance with the “Common European Framework”)
In a similar vein, if you are applying for a scholarship, you will be required to submit these additional documents:
- Recent recommendation letter from a university (with letterhead, official university stamp, signature and date).
- Recent recommendation letter from your employer (with letterhead, official company stamp, signature and date).
- DAAD application form.
- High school diploma.
Deadline: Given the fact that the next intake is expected to start in the fall semester of September 2021, you can apply until March 31st, 2021.