Bayer Foundation is currently inviting applications for its Women Empowerment Award in Sub-Saharan Africa in 2021.
Bayer Foundation wants to empower women as key change makers and help female entrepreneurs generate social impact in Sub-Saharan Africa. By supporting female entrepreneurs with groundbreaking ideas, Bayer Foundation specifically recognizes and celebrates their role as game changers driving sustainability and social impact through entrepreneurial innovation.
Worth of Award
The award includes
- 25,000 EUR in cash
- An in-kind contribution that equals 25,000 EUR in the form of a 24-week growth accelerator.
- Winners will receive tailored support and training for scaling, including active investor feedback.
- In addition, they will be able to tap into an extensive network of Bayer experts. These coaches will offer coaching both in health and nutrition as well as sustainable agriculture-related focus areas.
- Last but not least, all winners will become part of the Bayer Foundation’s exceptional global alumni and partner network. This network offers the opportunity to raise capital and exchange knowledge about the experience gained.
For this award, Bayer Foundation is specifically looking for
- Female entrepreneurs leading innovative social enterprises with a focus on Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Enterprises that already have their first customer and less than 1 million EUR revenue per year.
- Partners that can generate large scale social impact, sharing the vision: Health for all, Hunger for none.
How to Apply
Here are the key documents to be uploaded while making your applications for the Bayer Foundation Women Empowerment Award:
- A pitch deck including an executive summary describing your vision, your team structure, governance, business model and potential for scaling.
- A report of the main challenges you are trying to solve in the next 12 months.
- An overview of your organization’s finances in 2020.
Please note that applications should be sent to www.bayer-foundation/wea
Deadline: The application deadline is February 28th.