Ecole de Technologie Superieure is currently inviting applications for the ETS Internal Masters and Doctorate Scholarships for the 2021/2022 academic year.
As a university that specializes in Applied Engineering, the École de Technologie Supérieure is a constituent establishment of the Université du Québec. ÉTS, which specializes in engineering and technological transfer education as well as applied research, trains engineers and researchers who are recognized for their practical and innovative approach.
Since its creation, ÉTS has pursued a mission to meet the needs of the industrial sector. It is, therefore, no news that it stands out from other universities in Quebec because of the applied training it offers students, as well as its research activities conducted by and for companies.
Each year, ÉTS does business with more than 1,200 companies who offer co-op work terms to students and entrust professors with mandates to develop industrial applications. Following the school’s mission based on technology transfer to companies, more than 60% of research activities originate directly from the industry or are linked to projects carried out jointly with businesses.
Worth of Award
The ETS Internal Masters and Doctorate Scholarships are intended to support deserving students and the doctorate is worth $7,500 for 1 semester.
In the semester of the competition:
- Be registered full-time (including a maximum of 3 out-of-program credits) in a master’s (with thesis) or PhD program at ÉTS;
- Must not be in an extension period;
- Must not hold an award of $10,000 or more per year obtained in a competition/selection process (e.g. ÉTS Excellence Awards, NSERC fellowships, or other).
- In addition, PhD candidates are expected to have passed the doctoral exam (DGA1030).
How to Apply
- Required documents should be submitted electronically via the Application form (available January 4, 2021).
- Similarly, PDF documents should be sent by email to [email protected]
- Proof of submission or acceptance of articles not yet published or of communications not yet submitted can equally be submitted if applicable.
Deadline: This application closes on January 22, 2021, 3 p.m.