Department of Psychology, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Copenhagen is offering a PhD scholarship in Social Psychology in the 2021/22 academic session
The PhD student will propose a project related to the P.I.’s current research areas, including: social identities, social inclusion, health and well-being; social change, majority-minority relations, and minority identity expression; social factors and the experience/ appraisal of physical (and virtual) environments. The principal investigator of the project and the PhD supervisor is Thomas Morton, Professor of Social Psychology at the Department of Psychology. Employment of the PhD student preferably starts in September 2021 or shortly thereafter.
Worth of Award
- . PhD students are paid a salary in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (AC).
- The salary range starts at DKK 27.593,77 per month + a 17,1 % contribution to the pension scheme.
- The PhD student has a work obligation of up to 840 hours over the 3 year period of time without additional pay. The work obligation can include for instance teaching.
- Applicants should have studied Psychology or a closely related subject at undergraduate level.
- There is a preference for a student with a master’s degree though this is not strictly compulsory.
- Methodological pluralism is welcome, but experience with quantitative methods is desired.
- Proficiency in Danish is not required.
- The chosen candidate will be enrolled at the Faculty of Social Sciences under Copenhagen Graduate School of Social Sciences.
- The PhD programme provides PhD students with strong research training which opens up a window of opportunity to a variety of careers within the academic, private and public sectors.
- The programme includes the drafting of a PhD thesis, active participation in research networks, PhD courses, teaching, and other forms of knowledge dissemination.
How to Apply
Submit a complete application at our online portal. Click on the “Apply now” icon at the bottom of the page to apply. The documents must be in Adobe PDF or Word.
The application must include:
- Project abstract (Please fill in the project abstract in the application form. Must not exceed 1.200 characters.)
- Cover Letter detailing your motivation and background
- Project proposal (max. 10 pp. double-spaced, not including bibliography)
- Time schedule
- Diploma and transcripts of records (BSc/BA and MSc/MA)
- Other information for consideration, e.g. list of publications, documentation of English language qualifications (if any)
Deadline: The deadline for applications is March 1st, 2021, 23:59 CET