The University of Copenhagen is currently inviting applications for the Postdoc in Protein Chemistry at Finsen Laboratory/BRIC for international students in 2021.
UCPH is the largest educational institution in Denmark and is a world-class research university. Its current research focus concerns proteins involved in matrix degradation (during cancer invasion and metastasis) and in intravascular lipid metabolism.
The Finsen Laboratory/BRIC team focuses on biochemical and biophysical characterization of disease relevant proteins and their ligands. It provides a detailed understanding on how a given pathway maintains homeostasis in normal physiology. The same applies to understanding why certain aberrations – such a missense mutations and natural polymorphisms – cause dysregulation in pathophysiology.
Thus, it is looking for a highly motivated and dynamic researcher for a 3-year position, who will commence full-time in its dynamic research group. This will take place preferably on April 1, 2021, or after agreement.
Worth of Award
- Currently, the monthly salary starts at 34,600 DKK/ approx. 4,650 Euro (April 2020-level). Depending on qualifications, a supplement may be negotiated.
- The employer will pay an additional 17.1 % to your pension fund.
They are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic scientist with the following competencies and experience:
- You have a PhD in Life Science
- You are highly experienced in working with structure-function relationships in purified proteins, preferably using an array of biophysical methods such as SPR, MST, SAXS, and nano-DSF.
- You have an active interest in pursuing underlying mechanisms in disease-related proteins involved in intravascular lipolysis
- Proven ability to envision, plan and execute a research project
- Proficient communication skills and ability to work in teams to foster synergy in creativity
- Excellent English skills, both written and spoken.
- Experience in conducting in vivo studies in mice is an advantage but not prerequisite.
Roles and Responsibilities
Your tasks would be – in synergy with members of the research group and collaborators,
- To explore structure-function relationships in proteins involved in intravascular lipolysis that is decisive for their function in normal physiology and why they are dysfunctional in pathophysiology.
- You are expected to become family with and critically evaluate the literature on intravascular lipolysis as well as on the applied biophysical methods.
- Your results should be discussed openly within the research group and disseminated to the scientific community by high-quality publications.
How to Apply
Your online application for the Postdoc in Protein Chemistry at Finsen Laboratory/BRIC in Denmark must be submitted in English by clicking ‘Apply now.’ Furthermore, your application must include the following documents/attachments – all in PDF format:
1. Motivated letter of application (max. one page).
2. CV incl. education, work/research experience, language skills and other skills relevant for the position.
3. A certified/signed copy of a) PhD certificate and b) Master of Science certificate. If the PhD is not completed, a written statement from the supervisor will do.
4. List of publications.
Deadline: The application deadline is 19 January 2021, 23.59 pm CET.