The Abdulrahman Al Sumait Prize in Kuwait is currently accepting invitations for the Abdulrahman Al-Sumait African Prize 2021 for Health open to nominees from institutions and scientific centres (universities, institutes and centres of scientific research) as well as from competent regional or international and UN organizations.
The Prize is to be awarded to individuals or institutions who through their research projects or initiatives have made signiﬁcant advancement within one or more of the following areas (or other related fields):
- Combating diseases prevalent in Africa, with a special focus in 2021 cycle on the utilization of effective frameworks and programs to resolve and manage health crises such as SARS, COVID-19, and infectious zoonotic diseases.
- Provision of medical staff for the national health care systems (physicians, paramedics and nursing), medicine, pharmaceutical, and medical
- National capacity building, in medical research, national medical education and medical staff.
- Upgrading and maintenance of national medical facilities.
- Developing national health policies and successful implementation of the outcomes.
The prize is to be awarded to individuals or institutions who through their research projects or initiatives have made significant advancement within the field of Health that produced seminal impact and tangible results on the public health care system, especially for the underprivileged.
Worth of Award
- The Prize has a value of $1,000,000 (one million US Dollars).
- The cash sum is awarded along with a gold medal, shield and certificate of recognition.
- The nominated candidates’ research work or projects and initiatives must be innovative and must have achieved high-impact in line with international standards for the prize.
- The submitted work must be of paramount importance in promoting significant economic, social, human resources, and infrastructure development in the African continent within the announced field of the prize.
- Submitted research work of a nominated candidate should be composed of studies and applied research, published in peer-reviewed journals, and recognized at a global level within the announced field. The research outcome needs to have been applied after publication in African countries within the past ten years. Adequate supporting evidence needs to be provided.
- Nominations are to be accepted from institutions and scientific centers (universities, institutes and centers of scientific research) as well as from competent regional or international and UN organizations and awards and former winners in the field of the prize or former evaluation Nominations will only be accepted through institutions or other possible nominators mentioned above.
How to Apply
- All submissions must be submitted in English. If the work is carried out in other working UN languages, a comprehensive summary of the nominated work in English must be submitted.
- Fill in the prize nomination form and send it along with the scientific production works electronically in PDF format via CD, DVD, Flash Memory or via the Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Sciences (KFAS) Prizes Office email [email protected] Applications are addressed to the Director-General of the foundation.
Deadline: the nomination form and submitted works must be received before June 30, 2021.