The World Habitat Awards recognises and highlights innovative, outstanding and sometimes revolutionary housing ideas, projects and programmes from across the world.
The World Habitat Awards competition has been run by World Habitat in partnership with UN-Habitat since 1985. In that time some of the world’s most remarkable and innovative housing projects have received international recognition for their work. In 2021, it will be presenting Bronze, Silver and Gold Awards to the most outstanding projects and programmes.
Worth of Award
- Trophy (presented at a global event) in recognition of their work to develop and deliver good practise in housing. It will work with its winners to ensure all events are COVID secure. World Habitat meets travel and accommodation costs for a project representative to attend the awards ceremony.
- The prize money is £10,000.
- It also provides follow-up support from World Habitat through its exchange programme.
- Silver and Bronze award-winning projects receive a certificate and the opportunity to partner with World Habitat in the promotion of their initiatives.
The World Habitat Awards is interested in projects from around the world that:
- focus on affordable and adequate housing;
- have taken action to address the climate emergency;
- are in progress or have been completed in the last ten years;
- are taking steps to promote diversity, equality and inclusion; and
- have been designed and/ or delivered in close collaboration with the residents/ local community
Note that projects at design/prototype/planning stage or completed over ten years ago will not be considered. Similarly, it does not fund projects.
How to Apply
Images, plans and/or supporting documents can be submitted via the online application form or by email to [email protected]. If you email documents separately, please include your name, organisation and the name of your project.
Deadline: All entries must be received by 23:59 GMT on Monday 15th March 2021.