Atlas Corps invites social change leaders from around the world to apply for her Blended and In-Person Fellowships and Virtual Leadership Institute. It is inviting applications for the Atlas Corps Fellowship for Emerging Leaders from Madagascar for professional development in the U.S and online in 2021.
The Atlas Corps In-Person Fellowship is a 12-18 month Fellowship in the United States for the world’s top social change leaders. Fellows serve full-time with host organizations to develop leadership skills and learn effective practices through the Atlas Corps Global Leadership Lab professional development series and networking opportunities with other fellows. The U.S.-based component of the fellowship allows participants to engage in group cultural activities like a D.C. Monuments Tour, sporting events, U.S. holiday celebrations, and more.
Worth of Award
- Program-related international travel.
- Program-related domestic travel.
- Basic health insurance that covers new injuries and illnesses (or funds to purchase basic health insurance).
- Monthly stipend for basic living expenses in the city where the Fellow is placed (shared housing, food, local transportation, and a phone plan).
- Documentation (DS-2019) that enables the Fellow to obtain a J-1 visa.
- Placement with a Host Organization.
- Participation in the Atlas Corps Global Leadership Lab (leadership development training series).
- For Fellows serving in the blended fellowship, Atlas Corps will provide financial support for the technology necessary to complete host organization requirements remotely from their home countries.
- Two or more years of full-time professional experience working to address critical social issues.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- English proficiency (oral, writing, reading).
- Age 35 or younger.
- Citizens of EVERY country (except the U.S.) are eligible to apply to all our programs.
Additional requirements for the Blended Fellowship and In-Person Fellowship in the U.S.:
- Commitment to return to your home country after the 12-18 month Fellowship.
- Commitment to living on a basic stipend that only covers food, shared housing, and local transportation.
Additional requirements for the Virtual Leadership Institute:
- Technological capacity to participate in video calls (1-2 per month).
- Availability to commit to 2-3 hours of online activity and assignments per week for 7 months.
How to Apply
- Only one application can be submitted by a candidate to be considered for all Atlas Corps professional development programs.
- Please indicate on your application whether you are interested in the fellowship, virtual leadership institute, or both.
Deadline: Application for the Atlas Corps Fellowships for Emerging Leaders from Madagascar is due by January 18, 2021, however, early applications are encouraged as applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.