The German Academic Exchange, DAAD invites applications for the In-Country/In-Region Programme in Sub-Saharan Africa in the 2021/2022 academic year.
The programme aims at fostering strong, internationally oriented higher education systems in Sub-Saharan Africa with the capacity to contribute to sustainable development. To this end, scholarships are granted for development-related Master or doctoral studies for individuals who plan to pursue a career in teaching and/or research at a higher education institution in Sub-Saharan Africa.
By training future academic and professional leaders, the programme contributes to the following long-term impacts:
- Qualified professionals’ involvement in the solution of development-related problems in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Graduates strengthening education and research in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Structural strengthening and regional networking of partner institutions and partner universities
As part of the „In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme“ DAAD offers scholarships for PhD and Master studies. The programme is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and aims at university staff in the first line, without neglecting the public sector demand of academically trained personnel.
Worth of Award
- Monthly allowance
- Study and research allowance
- Printing allowance
- Tuition fees
Only applicable for In-Region scholarship holders:
- Travel allowance
- Health insurance
- The target group for scholarships are graduates and postgraduates from Sub-Saharan Africa with a first academic degree if applying for a Master’s programme, or with a Master’s degree if applying for a doctoral programme who want to pursue Master’s or PhD courses in their home country (so called In-Country scholarships) or in another Sub-Saharan African country (In-Region scholarships).
- Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the programme.
How to Apply
For further information, please see the call for applications of the degree programme you wish to apply for.
Deadline: Most Scholarship applications end February 2021