The Japan International Cooperation Agency invites applications for the sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Global Leader Programme in 2021.
The SDGs Global Leader Program aims to capacitate young or mid-career human resources who are contributing towards addressing challenges faced in various fields through strengthening the collaboration between Africa and Japan, and through the implementation of political-strategic decision-making and implementation.
Worth of Award
JICA will provide the following expenses for participant of the program that is equivalent
to similar JICA schemes.
- Tuition at Japanese university Master’s Degree (Doctor’s Degree included in case of
SDGs Program) programs (and research student).
- Allowances for living expenses, outfit, shipping etc.
- A round-trip airfare
- Other costs should be covered by the participants’ organizations or other individuals.
- Be less than 40 (before 1 April 2021)
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree (B-Tech included) with honours or equivalent to NQF8 and average of 65% in academic transcripts for Master’s Degree
- Must hold Master degree (NQF9) and minimum average of 65% in academic transcripts for Doctor’s Degree
- Have more than six months working experience in the current organization
- Must obtain permission to apply and secure reinstatement from the current organization
- Must have adequate English skills in both written and oral communication
How to Apply
Submit both soft and hard copies;
- Email marked PDF files of application documents (Less than 4MB in a mail), and
Submit the original documents to the following address:
Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) South Africa Office
Lord Charles Office Block, Building B, 1st Floor 337
Brooklyn Street, Brooklyn, Pretoria 0081
P.O. Box 14068, Hatfield, 0028
Republic of South Africa
Deadline: Application closes October 9, 2020