Arizona State University is offering the WE Empower UN SDG Challenge to women entrepreneurs and social entrepreneurs all over the world in 2021.
The WE Empower Challenge is a global business competition for women entrepreneurs and social entrepreneurs who are advancing the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and inspiring entire communities to create the world we want by 2030.
The WE Empower Challenge is the first of its kind, a global business competition to honor, support and celebrate women entrepreneurs who are advancing the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and inspiring entire communities to create the world we want by 2030
Worth of Award
Five awardees from around the world are selected to receive an all-expenses-paid trip to New York City, NY during the UN Global Goals week to engage in high profile events with UN officials and to participate in a series of tailored training by leading and supporting partners.
To be eligible to enter this competition, applicants must meet all of the following criteria. Finalists will be required to provide evidence of sales (i.e. tax returns and/or audited financial records).
- I am a woman entrepreneur with lead decision-making ability in a business or organization
- My business/organization has been in operation for more than three years
- I employ at least three full-time staff (or full-time equivalent)
- My business/organization generates at least $100,000 USD in annual sales or revenue
- I am proficient in spoken and written English
- I am at least 21 years old
- I am available to travel to NYC between 18 September – 2
How to Apply
- Register an account and apply today!
- Complete your application (you may save your progress)
- Attach your 2-minute video
- Submit your entry
- Applicants are required to complete and submit an online application, which includes a two-minute video. The online application process may take up to one hour to complete.
- Any incomplete applications, or any applications received after 15 April 2020 will not be considered. Applications submitted without the two-minute video will not be considered.
Deadline: application closes April 15, 2021