The University of California Berkeley in the USA is inviting Africans to apply for the Full-Tuition African Legal Impact Scholarship for the 2021/2022 academic session.
The African Legal Impact Scholarship was developed to encourage enrollment of students from Africa seeking advanced legal education. Because funds are extremely limited, the African Legal Impact Scholarship can only be provided to two outstanding applicants each year.
Scholarship awards are limited and competitive, and it is possible that an admitted applicant who is eligible for a particular scholarship may not be selected to receive an award. Scholarship eligibility and academic merit are determined by the Berkeley Law LL.M. admissions committee based on the evaluation of academic records and supporting materials included in the application for admission. If an admitted student cancels their enrollment or withdraws from the LL.M. programme, it may have an impact on their scholarship award
Worth of Award
This is a full-tuition waiver. Recipients will be responsible for paying only the $1,000 seat deposit, plus travel and living expenses.
Scholarship awards are based on:
- Citizenship or primary residence in Africa
- Academic merit
- A Statement of Intention describing what the scholarship recipient plans on accomplishing in Africa after graduating from the LL.M. professional track
- Recipients must maintain a minimum grade standard of ‘P’ (pass) or higher in all classes during the first semester in order to maintain scholarship eligibility during the second semester.
How to Apply
To apply for the African Legal Impact Scholarship;
- A complete application to the LL.M. professional track Programme received no later than the Deadline (transcripts and letters of recommendation should be sent to LSAC well in advance in order to allow time for processing)
- Students must be admitted to the LL.M. professional track Programme before they can apply for this scholarship. Scholarship application instructions will be provided to eligible admitted students.
Deadline: The deadline to apply for the LL.M. executive track to start in spring 2021 is November 15, 2020. The deadline to apply for the LL.M. executive track to start in summer 2021 is December 18, 2020. The deadline to apply for the LL.M. traditional or thesis track is December 18, 2020.