Utrecht University in the Netherlands invites applications for Holland Scholarship Scholarship for a master degree programme in 2021.
The Holland Scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture & Science and Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences. The scholarship is meant for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA = the EU countries, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) who wish to pursue a master’s degree in Holland.
Worth of Award
The scholarship amounts to € 5,000, € 10,000 or € 15,000. You will receive this in the first year of your studies, even if you are enrolled in a two year programme.
To be eligible for a Holland Scholarship, the following criteria must be met:
- Not hold an EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans;
- Never before have been enrolled at an educational institution in the Netherlands;
- Have applied for an international master’s programme at Utrecht University with a start date of 1 September 2020;
- The international master’s programme at Utrecht University is not a Distance Learning/Online Programme;
- Meet the specific entry requirements of the programme.
How to Apply
After submitting your application for the Master’s programme non-EU/EEA students have the option to submit an application for the Holland Scholarship from 1 November. You will need to upload the following documents:
- Motivation letter explaining the relevance of your time in the Netherlands and at Utrecht University to your career goals
- A statement of financial resources demonstrating you can cover the remaining cost
Please note that students starting their programme in February are not eligible for a Holland Scholarship.
- Submit an application for a Master’s programme; if you do not do this first, your Holland Scholarship application will simply be deleted.
- After submitting an application for a Master’s programme, you can go to Osiris Online Application.
- Log in with your Osiris username and password.
- Click on the link ‘New application’.
- Answer the questions and upload your motivation letter and statement of financial resources.
- Submit your application.
Deadline: Prospective students who wish to be considered for the scholarship must apply before January 31, 2021 (23:59 CET), after which the application portal will be closed.