Amazon invites applications for The Kindle Storyteller Award, a literary prize for authors who publish in any genre in English on Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP), their self-publishing service between 1st May and 31st August 2021.
Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) is a fast, easy and free way for authors and publishers to keep control and publish their books worldwide on the Kindle. Independent publishing gives all authors more choices than they’ve ever had in deciding how to bring their writing to readers. The availability of independent publishing options has resulted in a more robust and diverse set of voices telling their stories and then making those stories available to readers than ever before.
Authors who use KDP retain their rights, can get to market as fast as they wish, earn royalties of up to 70%, keep control of how their work is published, distribute globally and in multiple languages, and do it all for free.
Worth of Award
- Each Finalist will receive a Kindle Oasis E-reader.
- The winning author will receive a cash prize of £20,000 and a marketing campaign to support the book on Amazon.co.uk, as well as the opportunity to have their book translated for international sales.
- The winning author will also have the opportunity to have a mentoring session with a bestselling KDP author.
- It is open to writers publishing in English in any genre, who publish their work through Kindle Direct Publishing. Readers play a significant role in selecting the winner, helped by a panel of judges including various book industry experts.
- The prize is open to anyone over the age of 18 who publishes their book through Kindle Direct Publishing on Amazon.co.uk between 1st May and 31st August 2021.
- All titles must be entered into the KDP Select programme for the entry period in order to be considered and must be published in print and digital formats.
How to Apply
When you publish on KDP, you will need to comply with the KDP content guidelines and these Contest entry requirements:
- Keyword: You need to include “StorytellerUK2019” (without quotation marks) in the Keyword section on KDP when you create your book. You can add 6 more keywords.
- KDP Select: Your eBook needs to be enrolled in KDP Select while your book is in the contest. You can use any of the KDP Select benefits to promote your book while it is in the Contest.
- Formats: You need to publish your title in both eBook and paperback versions to enter the Contest. The paperback version of your book must be at least 24 pages long.
- First publishing: You book must have never been published before and must be your original work
- Genres: Books can be submitted from any genre.
- Number of entries: There is no limit to the number of books to be submitted by an author.
- Number of authors: Any book submitted to the contest should have a maximum of two authors.
Deadline: Applications for the Amazon Kindle Storyteller Award closes on August 31st, 2021.