The Falling Falls Foundation is offering the Falling Walls Science Engagement breakthrough of the year for scientists in 2021.
This is for people who run a Science Engagement initiative that actively engages the public with science, People who would like to raise international visibility for their project and be part of a global Science Engagement community.
Successful applicants will win a trip to Berlin in November with the chance to present their projects at the Falling Walls Conference and become the Breakthrough of the Year in Science Engagement.
This is an event bringing together the brightest minds from science, economy, politics, and the media.
Falling Walls is a unique international platform for leaders from the worlds of science, business, politics, the arts and society. It was initiated on the occasion of the 20th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin wall.
Worth of Award
Benefits for all 50 Finalists
- Unique networking-opportunities with Science Engagers and peers around the world.
- Increased reach and visibility for you and your initiative on a global level.
- Participation in multiple professional workshops with other Finalists.
- Access to the global Falling Walls Engage Community, to join regular physical and virtual events such as the Falling Walls Engage Hubs.
- Access to the digital and global community platform Falling Walls Connect, to connect and collaborate with Community members.
- And much more.
Extra benefits for the 20 Winners
- Win a trip to Berlin and showcase your project to an international audience and a distinguished jury on stage on 7 November.
- Have the chance to become the Breakthrough of the Year 2021 in the category Science Engagement.
- Become a Falling Walls Engage Science Engagement Ambassador, an exclusive part of the Falling Walls Engage Community, with exclusive learning and development opportunities
- In depth co-learning and peer exchange with Falling Walls community members, partners and global leaders.
- A video of your initiative published on our growing Falling Walls media library.
Extra benefits for the Breakthrough of the Year
- Have your project presented in front of a physical and virtual audience of global leaders, award-winning professionals and industry-experts on 9 November at the Falling Walls Conference.
- Become a jury member in the category Science Engagement at Falling Walls 2022.
Science engagement and outreach projects that break the wall between science and society.
- This is for people who run a Science Engagement initiative that actively engages the public with science, People who would like to raise international visibility for their project and be part of a global Science Engagement community.
- All forms of science engagement with a creative and individual method to engage the respective target group
- Exemplary initiatives from all over the world with a transferrable and/or scalable approach
- Initiatives with the measurable outcome of its activities on its target group in its region
- You must be 18 years or older when submitting your application.
- Your project must already be running. You cannot participate if you are still in the idea phase. You can still enter if you had started your project but it is currently inactive due to the COVID-19 crisis.
How to Apply
- Fill in the online application form. Get an overview of the full application form by downloading the PDF.
- Once you have submitted your application online, send a 1-minute application video to [email protected] answering these three questions:
- How do you change the way people engage with science?
- What surprised you the most in realising your project?
- Why should we select you?
By submitting your project you consent to their terms and conditions.
- Get confirmation of receipt by email.
- Receive an answer by August 2021 if you are one of the finalists that will be showcased via their various online platforms.
Deadline: Applications close on June 15, 2021.