The American University in Cario is inviting applications for its Empower Scholarship for Undergraduates in Egypt for the 2021/2022 academic session.
The Empower Scholarship focuses on fundamental human rights education as the key to a more tolerant, diverse and democratic Egypt. Through high-quality academic support, leadership development activities and civic engagement opportunities and partnerships with reputable and well-established Egyptian and international non-governmental organizations, the program foster civic responsibility, leadership, cross-cultural competence, professionalism, and tolerance.
Empower scholars will learn the necessary skills to become engaged citizens and effective change agents. They will acquire the necessary knowledge and training to advocate for the respect and protection of human rights through mobilizing key governmental and nongovernmental players across the Arab world to work together toward solutions for common human rights challenges.
Worth of Award
AUC provides five full and/or partial annual scholarships to thanawiya amma graduates from five governorates in Upper Egypt.
- Apply for admission at AUC before the assigned deadline for the Fall and Spring semesters. For deadline and other details, please refer to this link
- Public or private national high school graduate with a demonstrated financial need
- An active member in school activities or in the local community
- A minimum score of 95 per cent in thanawiya amma in the science division and 90 per cent in the non-science division.
- Adequate English-language skills as demonstrated by the IELTS/iBT exam
- Adequate communication skills
- Orientation and commitment to public service
- The potential for further leadership development
- Proof of extracurricular activities (i.e. copy of certificates)
- Recent official valid IELTS test results, with a minimum score of 5.5 in both writing and total score or TOEFL iBT test results with a minimum of (62-75) as a total score and a minimum of (17-19) in writing
How to Apply
- Fill in and submit the information sheet.
- Complete an online application through Banner Self-Service.
- For application instructions and tips, check the website.
- Important Note: While applying to the scholarship, please ensure that the word SELECTED appears beside the scholarship name (fund) that you wish to apply for.
- Otherwise, they will not be able to recognize your application in spite of the fact that you could have successfully sent the application.
Deadline: Application closes on May 31, 2021. You may still apply after the deadline depending on the availability of places