The Lebanese American University(LAU) is inviting applications for its Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Scholarship Program in Lebanon for the 2021/2022 academic session.
The Lebanese American University (LAU) has launched the Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate (TLG) Scholarship Program funded by the U.S. Department of State U.S.-Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI).
The program offers students from the Middle East and North Africa region a unique scholarship opportunity to pursue quality higher education and earn a master’s degree in one of the following fields: M.A. in Applied Economics – 30 credits (Beirut Campus), M.A. in Interdisciplinary Gender Studies – 30 credits (Beirut Campus), M.A. in International Affairs – 30 credits (Beirut or Byblos Campus),M.A. in Migration Studies – 30 credits (Beirut Campus).
Worth of Award
If you are accepted, the program will cover the following:
- Full coverage of all applicable charges for enrollment, tuition, and fees.
- University Medical insurance coverage.
- A monthly living allowance.
- One laptop for the duration of the program.
- A yearly book allowance.
- Student housing.
- Two roundtrip tickets to the student’s home country.
- Exposure to, and engagement in, different community development projects and/or internships in the host country, and/or their home countries. Through such projects and internships, TLG students learn about different forms of public and civic- engagement actions, to apply such learning back in their respective countries.
- Academic advising, mentoring services, and learning services.
- Professional training on leadership and gender ;
- Opportunity to participate in the new Tomorrow’s Leaders College-to-work Pipeline as a part of the consortium between LAU and the Georgia Institute of Technology.
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Be a citizen of Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Syria (residing outside of Syria), Tunisia, and Yemen
- Be committed to completing your Master’s degree within two years (Starting Fall 2021)
- Be committed to pursuing evidence-based research with impact on public policy and work as part of your Master’s program.
- Demonstrate academic excellence (maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 throughout the academic years)
- Demonstrate financial need status per MEPI and LAU’s financial aid policies, Applicants should be underrepresented or economically deserving students and should submit the relevant financial aid application.
How to Apply
Email the below-required documents to [email protected]
- Completed LAU-TLG admission application for 2021-2022
- A recent passport-size photo.
- Identity card or passport (should be the same as the nationality to be used in the registration process at LAU).
- Educational certificates or diplomas (Bachelor, License, etc).
- Official transcript(s) of grades from all colleges or universities attended.
- Upon acceptance, applicants will be requested to present the official transcript(s) in a sealed envelope(s).
- Failure to declare enrollment at other institutions could result in an invalidation of admission, and any credits or degrees earned.
- Download and complete the compulsory financial aid application
Download and complete the compulsory financial aid application
- Fill out the MEPI FA Application
- Email it with all financial aid supporting documents to [email protected] (make sure you indicate “TLG-MEPI applicant” in the subject line).
Deadline: Application closes March 2, 2021.