The Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, invites applications for the Computer Science Tuition Fee Scholarships, being a limited number of scholarships to highly qualified applicants, depending on the applicant’s chosen programme, academic performance and country of origin, for the 2021/2022 academic year.
Up to two Scholarships will be awarded for students in the Bachelor’s Programme in Computer Science and up to one Scholarship will be awarded for students in the Master’s Programme in Computer Science.
Worth of Award
The Scholarship includes direct coverage of tuition fees which amounts to 84 000 CZK (around 3 240 EUR) per academic year for students from the EU, and 140 000 CZK (around 5 400 EUR) per academic year for students outside the EU.
- The Scholarship is open to candidates applying for the Bachelor’s or Master’s Programmes in Computer Science, at the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, the language of instruction English, for the academic years beginning 2020/2021, and who have not studied in the programme earlier. Candidates must meet the Entry Requirements for the corresponding programme.
- Candidates must meet the Entry Requirements for the corresponding programme.
- The Scholarship must be accepted by the date indicated in the letter offering it.
- If a candidate declines the Scholarship or does not take it up, the Dean may offer the Scholarship to another candidate.
How to Apply
- To apply for the CSTFS, you must apply for the Bachelor’s or Master’s Programme in Computer Science, using the Student Information System of Charles University, and must accompany your application with the following documents:
- (i) curriculum vitae;
(ii) motivation letter;
(iii) list of publications (if applicable);
(iv) transcript(s) of records;
(v) application for the CSTFS (no prescribed form);
(vi) two letters of recommendation from academic supervisors or employer.
- All these documents must be written in or translated into English.
- Documents under (i)-(iv) should be uploaded (preferred format of documents is pdf) to the Student Information System of the University (see the previous paragraph).
- The CSTFS application (v) should be sent to the email address [email protected], and the candidate should arrange for letters of recommendation (vi) to be sent directly by his/her referees to the email address [email protected] as well.
- It is the candidates’ responsibility to ensure that the letters of recommendation are sent in time to reach us by the application deadline.
- Candidates must not be recipients of any other scholarship or maintenance grant.
Deadline: The deadline for submitting applications is April 30, 2021; by this deadline, all documents proving that the applicant meets the Entry Requirements must also have been submitted. Successful candidates will be advised of the outcome by 31 May 2021 at the latest.