150 Euros Ashoka Making More Health Accelerator in USA 2021
Ashoka and Boehringer Ingelheim in Africa are accepting applications from social innovation and Healthcare entrepreneurs for her Making More Health Accelerator Programme in 2021.
Since 2011, Ashoka – one of the world’s largest networks of social entrepreneurs and Boehringer Ingelheim – a family-owned world leading and research-driven Pharmaceutical company, have collaborated to create and grow the global initiative – Making More Health (MMH).
Making More Health brings together the best experience in social innovation and global healthcare to improve health-care access for people, animals and their communities around the world.
The MMH Accelerator is a structured, 11-month business accelerator program offered under the MMH Initiative that supports social entrepreneurs with well-established startups in the health space with an opportunity to strengthen and scale their work via the reach and operations of a multinational healthcare company through co-creation.
Through the MMH Accelerator, participants are provided with tailored access to expertise and capacity building to unlock their next phase of growth. A unique feature of the program is its co-creation approach – which involves participating social entrepreneurs working hand-in-hand with Boehringer Ingelheim employees to collaboratively design and implement relevant interventions.
At the end of the accelerator, social entrepreneurs with successful interventions will have the opportunity to present their solutions to Boehringer Ingelheim’s leadership team as well as social investors to attract further investment.
Worth of Award
- Training (both virtual and in-person) on business growth and scaling strategies, investor engagement and pitching, tailored to the strategic needs of your organization.
- Access to technical expertise (in-person) in finance, strategy, operations, information technology, marketing and social investing among others to help you address strategic capacity gaps specific to your organization.
- Access to strategic networks including social investors, leading social entrepreneurs in the health care space and executive team members from Boehringer Ingelheim and Ashoka.
- Funding of up to Euros 50k in cash plus additional in-kind expertise valued at Euros 100k.
Investor engagement support including preparation of investor engagement materials and facilitated access to investors.
- Social entrepreneurs with well-established startups in the human (non- communicable diseases) or animal health space are encouraged to apply if their organizations meet the following criteria;
- Late-stage startups (at least two years old) in human health (non-communicable diseases) or animal health.
- A fully registered legal entity that is at least two years old.
- Post revenue with a product, customers and sales.
- Established with an office, team, basic systems and processes in place.
- Operating in Kenya, Ghana or Nigeria.
- Open to working with a pharmaceutical company such as Boehringer Ingelheim in a co-creation approach.
- Capacity to dedicate a full-time resource(s) to execute MMH Accelerator activities.
- Potential to create shared-value through co-creation
- The disruptive potential of innovation
- Strategic fit for Boehringer Ingelheim
How to Apply
The application is online through Ventures Capital for Africa website.
Deadline: Applications are due by February 07, 2021