The Faculty of Philosophy, Theology and Religious studies in Radboud University is offering scholarships for excellent students from abroad, for the one-year Master’s specialisation in Theology (60 EC) for the 2021/22 session.
Radboud University is a Catholic University. It is the result of an emancipation process of Roman Catholics in The Netherlands in the beginning of the last century. Dutch Catholics sought to promote the emancipation of Roman Catholics in the Netherlands, who at that time were strongly underrepresented in public administration, the legal profession, medicine and other sectors.
Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s programme in the field of Theology.
Worth of Award
- For students from countries belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA), the amount of € 10,500.
- For students who need a visa, the scholarships covers the minimum amount required to obtain a visa without tuition fee.
- First and foremost, the foreign certificate on the basis of which you seek admission must be at least the equivalent of a Dutch Bachelor’s degree obtained at a university (BA or BSc).
- Furthermore, the Master’s programme you apply for should be in the same area of studies as your previous education. When you have a Bachelor’s degree from a university of professional education you are not admitted straight away.
- It is possible that you will be advised to follow a Pre-Master’s programme to improve your knowledge of the scientific field before you can gain admission to a Master’s programme.
- International students can apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply
Once your application has been checked and you are deemed admissible to the programme, you can apply for the scholarship. In order to do so, please send the following documents to [email protected]:
- A letter of motivation
- Two letters of recommendation
- An academic writing sample. It is preferable that the subject of the writing sample is related to the academic discipline of theology, broadly conceived (including biblical, historical, empirical, or constructive/systematic perspectives).
A Skype interview may be part of the scholarship procedure.
Please note that they will not be able to consider your application for funding until your application for admission to the Master’s programme has been processed. Application to the Master’s programme is free of charge and non-binding.
Deadline: The deadline for applications is March 1, 2021.