The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM) in partnership with The MasterCard Foundation, Gulu University and Egerton University are offering [email protected] Scholarships to Africans in 2021/22 year.
They are implementing an eight-year program aimed at transforming African
agricultural universities and their graduates to better respond to developmental
challenges through enhanced application of science, technology, business and
innovation for rural agricultural transformation.
This is an eight-year program (2016-2024) which will be supporting students
that are economically disadvantaged, those from post-conflict and conflict-affected
areas of Africa. Interested applicants will undertake their training at Gulu
University and Egerton University.
Worth of Award
This is a full-board comprehensive scholarship that covers: tuition fees, one return air ticket for African students from outside Uganda and Kenya, research costs, workshop and conference costs, living expenses including stipend and accommodation fees, laptop, internship attachment, community engagement and field attachment, and entrepreneurship training.
This scholarship opportunity is open to African students of all race, colour, and descent, particularly those who are economically disadvantaged and from conflict and post-conflict areas of Africa.
The applicant should be eligible for admission into undergraduate and/or postgraduate programmes at Gulu University and/or Egerton University as listed above.
Students already holding any other scholarship of any kind are not eligible to benefit from this scholarship opportunity. If found, anyone student with a double scholarship will automatically be discontinued. Prospective applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Be a national of Kenya and Uganda to benefit from the national respective scholarship quota
- Be a citizen of any African country to benefit from the Africa region scholarship quota
- Be from economically disadvantaged, marginalized communities, coming from conflict and post-conflict areas.
- Be less than 25 years for undergraduate and less than 30 years for master’s studies at the time of application.
- Should have completed secondary school and/or diploma for a bachelor’s degree application not more than two years before the time of this call.
- The applicant should meet admission criteria to eligible programs in the University of choice (Egerton University or Gulu University).
- For admission into Gulu University for an undergraduate degree programme, one must have attained the High School Certificate (HSC) also known as Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) or its equivalent. For admission into Egerton University, one must have completed the Kenya Secondary Education Certificate (KSCE) or its equivalent.
- Demonstrate interest in agriculture, agribusiness and entrepreneurship
- Demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Have a commitment to working in agriculture and agricultural value chains
- Have a strong commitment to community transformation
How to Apply
- Applications (for admission and scholarship) must be submitted to the respective university of choice. For admission at Gulu University, kindly use the university online platform.
- Females are particularly encouraged to apply. For more information read the scholarship advert and the guidelines in the application form.
Deadline: The deadline for submission of application is Sunday, March 31, 2021 at 17:00 hours (GMT+3).