Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS) is offering young Leaders Scholarships to talented high school students from all over the world to attend YYGS in 2021.
For the past two years, thanks to generous donor support, YYGS has proudly welcomed more than 40 scholarship recipients from the region to learn from Yale faculty and instructors for two weeks during the summer.
Recipients of the Young Leaders Scholarship qualify for financial assistance and demonstrate outstanding leadership, community involvement, and excellent academic performance.
YYGS is a summer enrichment program that brings together talented high school students from around the world for a two-week academic experience at Yale University or Yale Center Beijing.
The program offers seven unique interdisciplinary sessions featuring Yale University faculty focused on areas ranging from international security to biomedical engineering. Young Leadership Scholarship recipients may attend any one of the seven sessions of YYGS in the summer of 2020.
Worth of Award
The scholarship covers full tuition costs and related travel expenses for students to attend any of the ten YYGS sessions offered in 2019.
In order to apply to YYGS, applicants MUST fulfil all of the following requirements:
- Age: Be at least 15 years old by February 6, 2019 (application deadline).
- English Fluency: Be able to participate in a rigorous academic curriculum conducted in English.
- Grade Level: Be a current high school sophomore or junior (or international equivalent).
- Graduation Date: Be graduating in May/June 2020 or 2021 from the Northern Hemisphere, or in Nov./Dec. 2019 or 2020 from the Southern Hemisphere.
- YYGS accepts applications from ALL countries.
How to Apply
- Step 1: Review the YYGS eligibility criteria.
- Step 2: Review the YYGS application required components.
- Step 3: Review a PDF of a sample blank application, and start preparing to answer as many application questions as possible.
- Step 4: You will need to submit contact information for a parent/guardian, teacher, and/or official at your school. Reach out to them as soon as possible to review the PDF of a sample blank application with you, and be sure to collect the information you need.
- Step 5: Click APPLY NOW and start your 2019 application. Be sure to write down the email and password you use in case you need to log in again to continue the application.
- Step 6: Contact YYGS Staff with ANY/ALL questions as you complete the application. The earlier you contact them, the more likely that they can help you by the deadline.
- Step 7: Check the “Review” page of the application to see if you are missing any required components, and go back into any pages that require further information.
- Step 8: Once your application is complete, on the “Review” page please click on the “Finalize & Pay” button at the bottom of the page.
- Step 9: Pay the $60 USD application fee. If you submitted a Fee Waiver Request*, this page will automatically skip.
*YYGS staff will contact you if your Fee Waiver Request is denied to let you know that your application will not be reviewed until the $60 YYGS application fee is paid.
- Step 10: Keep an eye out for an email from YYGS that confirms receipt of your completed application. Please note that confirmation emails usually arrive within 24-48 hours of submission, as there are sometimes delays in payment processing.
Deadline: Application deadline is 11:59PM ET on November 10, 2020 or 11:59pm ET on January 12, 2021