Application Deadline: Varying by Country
Global Korea Scholarship is designed to provide international students with opportunities to study at higher educational institutions in Korea for academic degrees, which will enhance international education exchange and deepen mutual friendship between Korea and participating countries.
○ All applicants and their parents must be citizens of GKS program‟s partner countries that are invited to take part in this program and must not hold Korean citizenship.
○ Korean citizens and dual citizenship holders (one who have Korean citizenship and citizenship of another country) are NOT eligible to apply.
○ Applicants and their parents who had previously held Korean citizenship must submit the document that proves their renunciation of Korean citizenship.
※ Exception: For overseas Korean applicants holding Japanese citizenship, if their parents hold„Permanent Residency Permit‟ within Japan while holding Korean citizenship, are eligible to apply.
○ Must be under 25 years of age as of March 1, 2021 (born after March 1, 1996) High School Graduates (or expected graduates)
○ Must hold high school diploma as of March 1st , 2021 or must be expected to graduate high school by March 1st, 2021.
○ Applicants who are expected graduate of high school at the time of applying must first submit the certificate of expected graduation at the time of applying. The official high school graduation certificate and final high school transcript must be submitted by March 1st, 2021 at the very latest.
Korean government invites 125 international students from 67 countries who wish to pursue a bachelor’s degree in Korea. To be selected as a GKS grantee, any applicant should successfully pass through the 1st selection process set by the Korean Embassy of his or her country of origin.
Korean government invites 60 international students from 72 countries who wish to pursue a bachelor’s degree(Engineering or Nature Science majors) and also 35 international students from 17 countries who wish to pursue an associate degree in Korea. To be selected as a GKS grantee, any applicant should successfully pass through the 1st selection process set by the designated universities.
※ Attention! The Regional University Track applicants can only apply for a major that is considered as Natural Science, Technology and Engineering field. please refer to the attached files(available departments).
[Embassy Track and University Track]
Please contact the 1st selection organizations(embassy or university) to get detailed information regarding the application submission such as application deadline, required documents, interview and etc. Application submission deadline may differ by each embassy or university that conducts the first round of selection; however, it is expected to be around late September or early October.
Korean Proficiency Grants: 100,000 KRW per month
○ (Bachelor‟s Degree) A total of 5 years (1 year of Korean language program + 4 years of Undergraduate degree)
○ (Associate degree) A total of 3 or 4 years (1 year of Korean language program + 2~3 years of Associate degree)
Embassy Track applicants must submit their application documents to the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in their respective countries of citizenship and can apply to all available fields of study offered by 38 designated universities. Applicants can choose among universities in both Type A and Type B, but must include at least one university from Type B. . Available Universities and Fields of Study.
The quota allocated for Overseas Koreans is 10 and this is separately reserved for the overseas Koreans from 7 countries. The overseas Koreans submit their applications to the Korean embassies in 7 countries where they hold citizenship and will be selected among their own applicant pool.
As for the application guidelines and FAQ, please refer to the attached files.
For More Information: