Climate Tracker Fellowship Program 2020 for young Journalists worldwide ($150USD per month Stipend)
Application Deadline: September 4th 2020
Get ready for our newest global opportunity for climate and environmental journalists and media professionals.
Climate Tracker launched an online training programme which will see 12 young journalists from around the world dive into a paid 3-month mentorship with us! As a selected participant, you will be challenged and supported to publish 1 climate feature story each month on through our site. Your stories will be shared and promoted throughout our networks. Our aim is to make you famous for the awesome climate messages you produce. Exciting, right?!
All the while, you’ll also be a part of a diverse media mentorship programme, undergoing a range of connected training and collaborations covering social media engagement, data and visual journalism, and podcasting. A great chance to sharpen your new media skills to amplify your journalism and boost your marketability.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Be 18-35 years old
- 1 year of journalism experience min
- A hunger to improve as journalists – this is a learning experience
- A history of writing quality climate stories
- Ability to take good quality photos
- Get paid a $150USD stipend per month for the duration of the Fellowship!
Your Commitment as A Selected Fellow
Once selected, we will get the ball rolling really quickly! Here’s a taste of what you’ll be jumping straight into:
- Pitching and publishing a Feature climate story each month for Climate Tracker’s site, with original photos – including 1 collaborative Feature in the 3rd month.
- Managing a twitter thread, and taking over CT’s twitter once per month to discuss your story or other news from your region.
- 1 Instagram live session throughout the 3 months
- 1 podcast interview throughout the 3 months, highlighting their story and sharing audio clips from their interviews
- Guest writing one Climate Weekly newsletter over the course of the 3 months