Norbert Elias Fellowships for African Researchers in Germany 2021
Applications are currently being accepted for the Norbert Elias Fellowships for African Researchers in Germany for the 2021/22 academic year.
Are you interested in interdisciplinary cooperation? Do you want to be part of a high-level international team of researchers? Then you need to take advantage of this fellowship at the Center for Interdisciplinary Research in Bielefeld, Germany.
This is because the ZiF is the Institute for Advanced Study of Bielefeld University and has been fostering outstanding interdisciplinary Research Groups for more than 50 years.
Furthermore, as an independent thematically open research institution, the ZiF fosters outstanding and innovative interdisciplinary research projects and is open to scholars from all disciplines and all countries.
Worth of Award
By way of reward, qualifiers of the Norbert Elias Fellowships for African Researchers will receive
- A monthly stipend of 3,000 €
- Free accommodation at the ZiF’s campus and
- Travel expenses.
- The ZiF will also contribute to health insurance costs.
But that’s not all;
- Fellows are very welcome to bring their families with them. This is because the ZiF campus comprises flats from single room to family size to provide suitable accommodation.
- Fellows will also receive an additional allowance of 200 € per month per accompanying child.
- It is worthy of note that the ZiF will be happy to assist with finding appropriate childcare and educational facilities.
In order to be eligible for this program, you should know that
- Applications are welcome from senior researchers and postdocs from African universities from all disciplines whose research and publications are closely linked to the Research Group’s topic.
- In particular, applicants should demonstrate their willingness and ability to conduct high-level research in thematically relevant research fields such as innovation, industrial economics, law and economics, digitisation and smart products.
- Applicants should be interested in interdisciplinary collaboration and willing to engage in the activities of the Research Group, such as jour fixes, talks, workshops and conferences.
- Since the aim is also to extend its interdisciplinary networks to Africa, it is looking especially for researchers who are planning to continue their careers in Africa.
How to Apply
For the application of the Norbert Elias Fellowships for African Researchers, please send
- Your CV and a letter of motivation (maximum three pages, CV excluded), describing your research and how you intend to contribute to the Research Group.
- One or two relevant publications and indicate how long you intend to stay (two to ten months).
Selection criteria include
- Academic excellence,
- Relevance of the research for the Research Group’s topic, and
- A strong interest in interdisciplinary collaboration.
- The decision will be taken by the ZiF and the Research Group conveners. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an online interview.
Deadline: The deadline for applications is February 15, 2021.
Subscribe to our newsletter!