Erasmus Mundus Scholarship for the WINTour Master in Europe 2021
The Europeans Union offers Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for the International Master on Wine Tourism Innovation(WINTOUR) in the 2021/22 academic session.
The International Master on Wine Tourism Innovation (WINTOUR) combines a large expertise in Tourism and Oenology of three universities and regions: Rovira i Virgili University (URV – Tarragona, Spain), University of Bordeaux (UB, France), and University of Porto (UP, Portugal). These universities are located in highly attractive touristic areas, and have a long tradition producing wines and specialty wines. Related industries and institutions give support to this training program.
The objectives of the WINTOUR Programme are:
- To prepare broadly trained and highly adaptable and qualified professionals in the tourism and wine industries to promote innovative wine tourism developments that will generate added value through the increased income and recognition of this sector.
- To provide future professionals with multi-disciplinary and multi-sectorial knowledge and training so as to increase their understanding of winemaking and tourism management.
- To promote high-quality practical training in entrepreneurship and company management by involving the students in internships in the non-academic sector.
- To ensure the effective integration and networking of students within the socio-cultural and professional environment of the places where they will receive their training.
Worth of Award
The EMJMD student scholarships will include student participation costs (including the consortium fees and full insurance coverage), a contribution to student travel and installation cost and a subsistence allowance for the entire duration of the EMJMD study programme. Details on the EMJMD student scholarship amounts are given below:
Contribution to the participation costs
- 8 500 EUR per year per scholarship holder from a Partner Country
- 4 250 EUR per year per scholarship holder from a Programme Country
Contribution to travel and installation costs
- 1 000 EUR per year per scholarship holder resident in a Programme Country for travel costs.
- 2 000 EUR per year for travel costs + 1 000 EUR for installation costs for a scholarship holder, resident in a Partner Country less than 4000 km from the EMJMD coordinating HEI.
- 3 000 EUR per year for travel costs + 1 000 EUR for installation costs for a scholarship holder, resident in a Partner Country 4 000 km or more from the EMJMD coordinating HEI.
Contribution to the subsistence costs
- 1 000 EUR per month for the entire duration of the EMJMD study programme (24 months maximum). Contribution to subsistence costs will not be given to the scholarship holders for the EMJMD periods (study/research/placement/thesis preparation) spent in their country of residence, nor to scholarship holders from a Partner Country for the EMJMD periods exceeding one trimester (i.e. 3 months or the equivalent of 15 ECTS credits) spent in any Partner Country.
- Candidates must have a completed university bachelor and/or master’s degree/s (minimum 180 ECTS) in the fields of Social Sciences (e.g. Tourism, Economics, Business Management/Administration, Marketing); Natural and Experimental Sciences (e.g. Oenology/Viticulture, Agronomic/Agricultural Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Food Technology); or Humanities (e.g. Languages, International Relations), or closely related subjects.
- Candidates must present a recent English language certificate, at least a B2 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (official certifications from Cambridge, IELTS, TOEFL and PTE Academic are accepted).
- Moreover, personal motivation, prior work experience in the field, as well as obvious linguistic skills (preferably, in the languages of the organizing universities), will be crucial elements in the selection process.
How to Apply
- Fill up the online application form. To complete this step applicant are asked to pay an application fee of 30,21 EUR by credit card (the system automatically redirects to the payment page). If this fee isn’t paid, the application form will not be completed and submitted successfully.
- Once this first step is done, candidates receive an automatic message in which they are provided further instructions on how to access the Document Manager where all documentation indicated must be uploaded. It is recommended to send a unique PDF for each document and name the files as follows. Candidates should wait 3 hours before trying to access the Document Manager using their Passport/Spanish ID number as USERNAME and their birth date as PASSWORD (using the exact format explained in the automatic message received).
Deadline: Application deadline for candidates applying for an Erasmus Mundus Scholarship is February 8, 2021 (11.59 PM, Central European Time)
Subscribe to our newsletter!