Masters Fellowships for Refugees at American Uni of Cairo in Egypt 2021
The American University of Cairo in Egypt invites applications for the Fellowships for Refugees in the 2021-2022 school year.
The Fellowships for Refugees are competitive fellowship awards for bright, highly motivated individuals interested in pursuing a master degree at AUC. Each year, fellowships are offered to a number of refugees for full-time study (nine credits or as required by the program) in any of the graduate programs offered at AUC.
Worth of Award
The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees, for a maximum of nine credits per semester
- Monthly stipend
- Housing allowance or accommodation at the University residences based on need
- Student services and activities fees
- Medical service and health insurance fees
- May cover remedial English courses and pre-requisite courses
Responsibilities of Fellows
- Fellows are assigned 12 hours per week of related academic work
- A teaching assistantship mandatory training must be completed if the fellow is involved in teaching assistantship duties. The training needs to be completed only once
- Refugee status
- Open to all disciplines of graduate studies
- For new graduate degree-seeking students; satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements
- For continuing students; to retain the fellowship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.2
- Financial need
How to Apply
- Step 1: Check how to apply and submit the online application
- Step 2: Submit the online fellowship application
Deadline: February 16 for the fall semester
Subscribe to our newsletter!