Bursaries for International Students at University of Toronto in Canada 2021
The University of Toronto in Canada is offering Stipends to International Msc and PhD Students who enroll in the Institute of Medical Science in the 2021/22 session.
The University of Toronto requires that all new and continuing doctoral stream students receive an annual student stipend. A “stipend” refers to the funds a student receives during the program funding commitment period. Doctoral stream students include IMS MSc and PhD students. It does not include IMS students completing a professional degree (MSc Biomedical Communications).
Worth of Award
- The minimum annual stipend for new and continuing INTERNATIONAL students in the MSc program is $20,545.09 living allowance + tuition fees.
- The minimum annual stipend for new and continuing international students in the PhD program is $22,828.37 living allowance + tuition fees.
- You must meet their minimum academic requirements to be considered for graduate studies in the IMS.
- The original transcripts you submit are central to determining you academic readiness for entry to the IMS.
- An elaboration of the transcript (what the grades mean, difficulty of the course, explanation for low grades) can be included in the referee’s letter or by the student during the interview.
- Students are expected to have taken level 3 and 4 courses in their senior undergraduate years and are expected to have taken most courses in the general area of their proposed graduate degree.
- Academic preparation is also reflected in research skills and achievements, especially for those whose schooling ended more than 5 years prior to application.
How to Apply
- Application to the Institute of Medical Science graduate program is available online via the School of Graduate Studies Admissions Application website.
- Your application will be considered after payment of the application fee is received by the School of Graduate Studies and the complete application is received by the department.
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Deadline: *The early consideration admission deadline for Fall registration is February 1. Prospective applicants applying to the February 1st application deadline must submit a complete application by this date.
Subscribe to our newsletter!