IWMF Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship for Women Journalists 2021
The International Women’s Media Foundation (IWMF) is currently inviting applications for the IWMF Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship for Women Journalists in 2021.
Due to COVID-19, the 2021-2022 Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship may take place in-person or virtually. The IWMF and its partners reserve the right to determine the format of the Fellowship prior to the Fellowship start date.
Worth of Award
- Neuffer Fellows receive a fixed monthly stipend to cover their living costs.
- The IWMF also arranges and covers the cost of housing in Cambridge and New York City for the fellow.
- It purchases round-trip economy airfare from the fellow’s place of residence to Washington, D.C., as well as transportation between the Fellowship cities.
- Furthermore, the fellow receives health insurance during the program but the Fellowship does not include a salary.
- For fellows residing outside of the United States, the Fellowship also covers the costs of applying for and obtaining a U.S. visa. However, the fellow is fully responsible for any additional incidental expenses and other costs.
- The IWMF Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship is open to women and non-binary journalists whose work focuses on human rights and social justice issues.
- All applicants for the Neuffer Fellowship must be working journalists with at least three years of full-time, professional journalism experience. Internships and journalism-related work completed as a university student do not count as professional experience.
- Applicants may be affiliated or freelance journalists.
- Journalists from any country around the world are eligible to apply. However, applicants must speak, read, and write English fluently in order to fully participate in and benefit from the Fellowship.
How to Apply
A complete application will include the following information:
- Current résumé or CV
- Statement of interest
- Fellowship goals
- Two work samples covering human rights or social justice issues (links preferred)
- If work samples are not in English, applicants must upload their own translations along with a professional translator’s assessment of their accuracy. Alternatively, applicants may have their work samples translated professionally.
- Two letters of recommendation (in English).
Deadline: Applications are open from January 14, 2020, to February 25, 2021, at 11:59 PM EST.
Subscribe to our newsletter!