Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships at University of Leeds in UK 2021
The University of Leeds in the UK invites applications for Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships at the University of Leeds in the UK for the 2021/2022 academic year.
The scholarship provides a number of full awards and is open to applicants domiciled in Malawi, Zambia and Zimbabwe to undertake a one-year taught Master’s programme which meets the aims of the scheme to provide long-term benefit for their own country, with the exception of the Master’s of Business Administration (MBA).
The Beit Trust has partnership agreements with the University of Leeds. This enables the Trust to share costs and to increase the number of scholarships it can fund.
Worth of Award
- Fees, tuition costs and related academic expenses. These are paid by the Trust direct to the universities.
- A personal allowance, index linked in accordance with guidance from an independent authority, covering maintenance support.
- Other allowances are paid for arrival, a laptop and a return flight home.
- Economy Class tickets are provided for the initial journey to the place of study and on the final return.
- No allowances are paid for spouses and other family members.
- For applicants who are nationals of and are currently residing in Malawi, Zambia or Zimbabwe who have applied to full-time Taught Master’s courses. Applicants must already hold a degree of equivalent standard to a good UK second class honours degree. Some work or professional experience is strongly recommended.
- By Act of Parliament, the Beit Trust supports ONLY students who are nationals of Zambia, Zimbabwe and Malawi, and who currently live there. In addition, the Trust cannot consider applications from those who have already begun a course.
- All applicants (except medical and veterinary doctors) must be under 30 years of age on 31 December of the year of application. Some experience of work after completion of a first degree is strongly recommended. Doctors and vets must be under 35 years of age on 31 December of the application year. They should have completed 18 months of internship, and a one-year, preferably rural, posting in the relevant country.
- The Trust does not consider applicants for MBAs.
How to Apply
Deadline: Applications for Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships close February 12, 2021
Subscribe to our newsletter!