CBA Resident Fellowship at New York University in USA 2021
Centre for Ballet and the Arts at New York University is offering Resident Fellowships for scholars and artists of all disciplines in the 2021-22 academic year.
These fellows work on projects that expand the way we think about the history, practice, and performance of dance. There is no expectation of a finished product. CBA Fellows are encouraged to ask questions and take risks. They gain colleagues they would not otherwise encounter. These engagements between artists and scholars, two communities that do not often intersect, strengthen and deepen the work of both.
Fellows are not required to be experts in dance but must have an interest in engaging with the art form. They accept and encourage projects that explore many forms of dance and its related arts.
Worth of Award
Fellowship Awards Include:
- $750 per week
- Use of CBA’s dance studio, offices, and conference rooms
- Housing, as needed and available
- Round trip transportation to and from New York City
- J-1 visa facilitation
- Scholar or artist pursuing an original project related to dance and/or its related arts and sciences.
- Applicants applying as scholars must have a PhD.
- Applicants must show exceptional promise and/or have demonstrated significant accomplishments in their field.
- Dance expertise is not required.
- Students (as of September 2020) are not eligible.
- The CBA Fellowship Program does not support:
- Projects in arts administration
- Projects focused on the applicant’s personal memoir or autobiography
- Projects involving giving dance classes as part of the research plan
- Projects reviewing prior work, such as:
- editing, digitizing, or organizing archives
- editing films or book anthologies
How to Apply
- The application should reflect the applicant’s genuine aspirations and expertise.
- They expect scholars and artists to each demonstrate different strengths that are reflective of their training.
- Project proposals are not required to involve both scholarly and artistic inquiry.
- Successful proposals will focus on the project’s essential research questions.
- All materials must be in English.
- Online application form
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume (up to 4 pages)
- Two (2) work samples that best represent the applicant’s work
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
Deadline: All materials must be submitted through the Apply platform by November 2, 2020 at 9:00am EST
Subscribe to our newsletter!