Amsterdam University College in the Netherlands invites applications for the Stichting AUC Scholarship Fund in the 2021/22 academic session.
Stichting AUC Scholarship Fund (ASF) supports excellence and diversity in the AUC student body by facilitating access to the AUC programme for talented low-income and minority students. The ASF is funded entirely by donations from a variety of sponsors and stakeholders. Through awarding scholarships, the AUC Scholarship Fund supports selected students while they complete their Bachelor’s degree at Amsterdam University College.
The AUC Scholarship Fund is an independent, separate foundation (stichting) run by the ASF Board.
Worth of Award
The AUC Scholarship Fund offers two levels of full ASF Scholarship:
- EU students: EUR 5100 per year
- Non-EU students: EUR 15300 per year
- “EU students” includes Dutch students, and refers to students who are eligible to pay the statutory tuition fee for AUC (wettelijk collegegeld).
- Partial scholarships may also be awarded (these are usually 50% of the above amounts).
In order to be eligible for selection for an ASF Scholarship, you must meet the following requirements.
- You must apply for a place at AUC. Admission to AUC is a separate process. Only AUC students can receive an ASF scholarship.
- You must have excellent school results. These will be taken into consideration by the ASF Selection Committee when assessing your academic merit. They will not see your AUC admission application, but they will receive information on your average secondary school grade (GPA). If you want to communicate anything to the Committee about your school results, make sure you include it in your letter of motivation.
- You must have a strong motivation to study at AUC. The ASF Selection Committee will look for this in your letter of motivation.
- The ASF Selection Committee is also interested in your extracurricular accomplishments and activities relevant for AUC, as well as your (potential) leadership profile and skills. Make sure you write about these in your letter of motivation.
- You must be able to demonstrate your financial need. In other words, explain in your letter of motivation why it will not be possible for you to study at AUC without a scholarship.
How to Apply
- The application form for ASF Scholarships for students starting their studies at AUC in September 2021 is now open.
- Students should have already submitted an application for admission at AUC when applying for an ASF Scholarship.
Deadline: You should apply for the scholarship before the ASF Scholarship deadline of April 1, 2021, even if you are still waiting to hear a decision regarding your application for admission from the Admissions Committee.