Leiden University in the Netherlands invites applications for the Leiden University South Africa Scholarship for students of the University of Pretoria in the 2021/22 session.
Leiden University was founded in 1575 and is one of Europe’s leading international research universities. It has seven faculties in the arts, humanities and sciences, spread over locations in Leiden and The Hague. The University has over 6,700 staff members and 29,520 students. The motto of the University is ‘Praesidium Libertatis’ – Bastion of Freedom.
Worth of Award
- Each year one scholarship is available for a two-semester exchange programme (up to 10 months), OR
- two scholarships for a one-semester exchange programme (up to 5 months).
The scholarship includes:
- Living allowance: € 1,000 per month
This Scholarship is intended for students of the University of Pretoria, South Africa, who would like to study at Leiden University for one or two-semester(s) as part of an exchange programme.
- be enrolled at the University of Pretoria.
- be preselected for a scholarship by the University of Pretoria.
- meet the standard admission requirements for exchange/study abroad students at Leiden University.
- This scholarship cannot be combined with the Mandela Scholarship Fund.
- Archaeology, Humanities, Medicine/LUMC, Governance and Global Affairs, Law, Social and Behavioural Sciences, Science, Interfacultair Centrum voor Lerarenopleiding, Onderwijsontwikkeling en Nascholing (ICLON), African Studies Centre, International Institute for Asian Studies
How to Apply
- Submit your scholarship application to the University of Pretoria.
Contact the International & Postgraduate Specialist Consultant: Europe Countries, Ms Mahlogonolo Mphahlele, for information on application procedures and deadlines.
- Submit an online application for admission for an exchange/study abroad courses at Leiden University.
- The University of Pretoria will review all scholarship applications and send the names of one or two selected students to Leiden University’s Scholarships Team.
- Within two weeks of admission to a Leiden University exchange programme, the Scholarships Team will notify the selected candidates about further procedures.
For more information about the application process at the University of Pretoria
Ms Mahlogonolo Mphahlele
International & Postgraduate Specialist Consultant: Europe Countries (Inbound & Outbound)
Email: [email protected]
For more information about application procedure for exchange programmes at Leiden University
- Send a mail to [email protected]
Deadline: Leiden University deadline: 15 Oct (programmes starting Feb); April 1 (programmes starting Sept)