DAAD (EPOS) Scholarships for Africans in Germany 2021
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is offering Scholarships in Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (EPOS) for Masters and PhD candidates in 2021.
With its development-oriented postgraduate study programmes, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialised countries. Well-trained local experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries. They are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all.
The scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialised countries from all disciplines and with at least two years’ professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognised German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
Worth of Award
- Depending on the academic level, monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates.
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover.
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
- The last academic degree (usually a Bachelor’s degree) should have been completed no longer than six years previously
- At least two years’ relevant professional experience
How to Apply
The application is done online. You will be required to provide these documents (in the following order):
- DAAD application form
- a hand-signed CV (please use the Europass specimen form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/)
- hand-signed letter of motivation (with reference to current occupation) maximum 2 pages
- academic letter/s of recommendation (the letters must have a letterhead, a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date
- professional letter/s of recommendation from your employer (the letters must have a letterhead, a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date)
- confirmation of employment from the employer in your home country and -if possible- a guarantee of re-employment upon your return home
- Proof of language abilities:
a) English – TOEFL or IELTS (Note: They only accept an academic TOEFL)
b) German – necessary for the courses taught in German; for the courses taught in English, if available
- (certified*) copies of awarded academic degrees (certified translation if necessary)
- (certified*) copies of academic transcripts (certified translation if necessary)
- Please check with the requirements of the according University whether certified copies are required.
- Please note that the University you are applying for may require additional documents. Please check with the website of the according postgraduate course.
Deadline: Deadlines vary according to the course. you are encouraged to apply immediately.
Subscribe to our newsletter!